At PharmScript, the health and safety of our associates, our customers and patients, and the communities in which we work are at the center of everything we do. This is true every day, not just in times of crisis.
We plan for the unexpected because we know that our customers are caring for some of the nation’s most vulnerable patients and rely on us to provide that care. For months, we have taken proactive steps to ensure an uninterrupted supply of medicine and service, and we’re confident in our ability to continue supplying medication, every day.
Like many, we are closely monitoring and adhering to the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and other health and governmental authorities. Additionally, we have implemented stringent infectious disease protocols to mitigate risk for our associates and customers. We will continue to do everything within our power to prepare for and meet the likely increased needs of our patients.
We are also focused on ensuring the safety of our associates. We have taken the following steps to protect the health of our team:
- A significant number of associates who have roles that can be done remotely are now doing so.
- For those who need to be at our pharmacies, we have taken aggressive steps to limit exposure risk and keep our worksites safe.
- We enforce social distancing at all locations and encourage our team to practice recommended safety measures both at work and at home.
- We are actively screening associates in direct contact with medications, and asking all associates, including those working remotely, to self-monitor and report any changes in their health.
- We have implemented contactless delivery protocols where appropriate.
Additionally, we have prepared detailed and expansive business continuity and mitigation plans, so we are prepared for whatever comes next.
This is not the first time our team has mobilized to respond to external crises. It’s part of our DNA to step forward to help where we can. We have successfully weathered previous storms—both literal and figurative—and continued to deliver the medications and supplies that our customers rely on us for.
Many of the challenges we face today are similar to past experiences, and we already see how the value of learning from those events is making us stronger. We have some of the most talented and dedicated people in the healthcare industry on our side.
COVID-19 remains a dynamic situation, and is one that we are monitoring closely—by the day, hour, and minute. As the latest developments come in, we are here to answer your questions.
We value your partnership and we look forward to continuing to provide exceptional service and care.